Interactive Knife Skills ~ 5 pm
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn to slice, dice, chop and chiffonade in this hands-on Knife Skills Class. Cooks of all levels will benefit from this fundamental course. Chef Mat will give you ideas how to use your cut veggeis for dinner!
What you'll need:
-an onion ( white, red, vidalia, shallot, etc) A scallion or chive will be a different cut but we can show you those too!
-Garlic ( a clove or two) This is our favorite thing to teach & we'll teach you why our method will make you tuck that garlic press away in a drawer forever
-Carrot, Potato, Apple. Have all 3? Amazing! If not you can practice each of these cuts with any of these items.
-Anything with a leaf (Basil, Mint, Sage, Kale, spinach)
-Extras: Peppers, citrus fruits, Tomatoes, ginger, avocado,
-Tools: Sharp Knife, Cutting Board, bowl for scraps
-Have something else in your kitchen that you have no idea how to cut? Ask away, we're here for you & we LOVE an impromptu challenge.
HOW VIRTUAL CLASSES WORK:
- Choose a class from the list below. After registering, you will be sent a registration confirmation via email
- At least 5 days prior to class, we will send you a short shopping list as well as as substitution/modification ideas
- The day before class, we'll send you the recipes so you can print out and follow along. We'll also send you the Zoom link you'll need to sign on to the class.
- Don't feel like cooking along? No problem! Feel free to watch, take notes and ask the chef instructor questions so you can prepare the dishes at your leisure.
- Classes are 90 minutes and will have a maximum of 10 households attending each session.
- For once, we can teach literally anyone in the world (not just locals!), so please feel free to pass along the class info to any friends you'd like to cook with!
- If you don't have all of the ingredients listed in the shopping list or recipe by the time of your scheduled class, DON'T PANIC & RUN TO THE STORE! We'll figure out a way to improvise with what you DO have in your pantry & fridge!
- Sorry, we cannot offer refunds or issue credits for missed Virtual classes
- Virtual Cooking Class$35$350$0